Monday 21 April 2014

Bye Bye Easter Weekend

This Easter was officially the busiest one yet.....but def a very enjoyable time. 
It all started with Easter baskets for the girls, hard to put these together & resist the call to munch a lot of various chocolate treats in the process, ever have that problem?????
These will I imagine take a day or two for the lil ladies to eat....I hope!!!!



Aren't the container dead cute, bought them in Carrig Donn, for 1.99 each....SOLD!!
I hung a wee wreath on my door & some tiny eggs on "Spring" branches.
Also found this darling plant pot in a euro store 





A very colourful Easter indeed.
After church service we had sixteen people back for dinner, thank God the weather was lovely & we were able to eat outdoors. I ran home before people arrived, set our huge garden table with white cloths, sixteen plates, glasses, knives, forks......you get the picture. Brought out chairs with lots of colourful cushions & throws, hung some crochet bunting then made lots of salads while hubby cooked up some thai curries....was YUM.
For afters we had a delicious mint cheesecake supplied by one of my lovely guests & a lemon cake.
It was all just tremendous....I love a good crowd to eat with, great fun.

My sweet girl Lauren added to the chocolateness with yet more Easter baskets


I'm gonna look like humpty dumpty after all this
Ah well its all good......
Hope your Easter was as sweet
Today I'm having the laziest day ever watching .....maybe "call the midwife" just discovered it on netflix recently & am thoroughly enjoying it, crochet, coffee, tea (maybe) slice of lemon cake(leftovers) & peace & quite,,,,BLISS!!!!!

Lots of love Karen x

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! The relaxing part after is always a treat. Enjoy your week :)
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good Easter weekend. Love the little baskets, very cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Easter you had. Lovely Easter containers too.
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, love your Easter decorations! Wishing you a lovely weekend! :)<3
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    I just stumbled across your blog and it's beautiful!!!!! Can't believe it has taken me so long to locate you!
    Your creations are stunning and your photos make me feel all summery!
    I was remembering your elderflower cordial that we had at your house when we visited and I'm wondering if you would share your recipe...it was delish ;)

    ReplyDelete