Friday 4 October 2013

Trying Again

I have missed blogging so very much, but a few months 
out was a must for me this year.
Its been a hectic summer & a busy autumn start
I've hardly had time to scratch.
Also my crochet, sewing hand has been incredibly sore for months.
I was real worried as to the problem, so after a brief GP visit & some
 strengthening exercises its all good again.
I haven't crocheted for months, not much sewing either
so now I'm so excited about getting to finish somebits & pieces I started 
way back in May, yes thats the last 
time I posted.....so onward at last!!!!!!!



There photos were taken in May back when I thought it was time to use 
up the far too many different colours of yarn in my possesion......
& there are many, way too many.
Anyway in the last few days I've managed to bring the number of squares
up to 100. These are small three round squares
& I want to make a good size blanket, I'm thinking
300 squares or so.....does that sound about right?????
So lots to do, but its so good to be able to crochet again
I sure did miss it.
Also to get me back in the saddle I hooked up some
pretty doilies just to nibble up my fingers.




I love how they look around the home....random touches of 
prettiness here & there.......
little glimpses of color with cups of coffee
crunchy cookies & my favourite yankee candle



I think I need at least five or ten more.

Some new fabrics to play with not to mention the two 
quilts I need to  finish....all in good time


Did however not neglet the art of baking & of course eating
said baked goods....not alone though.



But my absolute highlight of the last few months was
Sophie's graduation from university


I felt so proud, such a great day.
She's a titch just like her mom, maybe an inch taller
but no more than that.

I have so much catching up to do, not just on projects 
but with all your blogs...i have missed it all 

Have a wonderful weekend
Lots of love Karen x

13 comments:

  1. Good to see you're back and congratulations to your daughter. Glad your hand's better, don't overdo it and have to stop again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I took a break from blogging too, but missed it, so I'm back again :o) Your pictures are so pretty and I'm so glad Your hand is better. I've got Rheaumatoid Arthritus and when I get a flare up with My joints, I don't know what to do with myself when I can't crochet, so I know exactly how you've felt. Congratulations to your lovely daughter, what does She want to do next? Have a lovely weekend and so glad Your back, love Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to have you back Karen.
    Congratulations with your daughters graduation.
    Your baking looks yummy.

    Groetjes, Monique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Welcome back! I've been a bit absent lately too - new job has left me barely enough time to read blogs, certainly not time to write any posts of my own!! Hoping to get settled into a routine soon :) Looking forward to seeing some of your finishes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your daughters graduation and your squares are looking lovely :)

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a lot of us felt like you this summer and took some time off. I glad you are back and congrat's to your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Karen
    starting with the highlight of your month.......how wonderful congratulations to your daughter's graduation...bet you are bursting with pride!!!
    It is so good to have you back ....I've been hesitating about continuing blogging lately...work is stifling me but in the end I thought I do like blogging so much and if I take that away too what do I have left which is so very much personally mine....so I continue commenting when I can. It is quite like colour therapy seeing this your latest post! It fills my eyes with happy colours and also makes me want to pick up my crochet hook and make......but I have to DO my house work....groan!!!
    keep well and welcome back

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen!!! I have missed you!! So nice to see that you have posted! I understand the need for a bit of a break, as I have been there myself. Congratulations to your lovely daughter on her graduation! I love all of your little squares, and soft colored mandalas. I too love Fresh Cut Roses Yankee candle.
    I am happy to hear your sore hand is better, so that you can get to doing what you love to do!!
    Loved hearing from you!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen...So lovely to see you back and with all your gorgeous makes too...including those very delicious looking cakes! :-) Your crochet looks beautiful as always....
    Congratulations to Sophie on her graduation...it must have been such a very special day for you,
    Happy Weekend!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Karen! Glad to see you back and ready to go. Love the looks of those pretty doilies. Congrats to your daughter on her graduation,and to you too Mom. I just sent my youngest off to Uni 2 weeks ago. I'm still sniffling about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you popping up out of nowhere! So happy to see you again. Your pictures are so pretty! I had fun looking through them all. Your crochet squares are so pretty all stacked up like that, and I love all of your feminine doilies! Congrats on your daughter's graduation. I know you are very proud, as you should be. Just keep that camera handy every day and snap a few photos for us, okay? Maybe every other day? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see you are back, Karen! How pretty all your crochet looks, the colourful squares and delicate doilies are all gorgeous! Your baking looks so yummy :) Congratulations on your daughter's graduation, such a wonderful moment!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missed you here in blogland!! Welcome back!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete